On Wednesday, January 24, 1951, a group of people gathered together for the organizational meeting of Grace Baptist Church. The following Sunday, twenty-one charter members began Sunday school for all ages and regular worship services in a garage building in Fort Worth, Texas. Rev. Brady Williams served as Grace’s pastor during the first year. Membership grew rapidly and in 1952 a church building was purchased to better serve the people of Grace. Rev. Cecil Thompson served as pastor in 1952 and Rev. Kenneth Connolly was pastor from 1953 until mid 1955.
Rev. Wayne Martin was called and preached his first Sunday service as pastor on July 1, 1955. He pastored until July of 1980 when he resigned to become President of Arlington Baptist College. Between 1955 and 1980 Grace acquired a new piece of property and constructed a new sanctuary, adding additional educational and Sunday school wings to complete the building plan. In 1977 twelve acres of undeveloped land were secured for future development in the northwest section of Fort Worth at North Las Vegas Trail and Loop 820.
In October of 1980 Rev. Ronnie Williams was appointed as pastor. Ronnie grew up at Grace and had been serving as Assistant Pastor. In 1981 the church agreed to build a gymnasium-type family center on the property they had acquired. On September 26, 1982, the church relocated to the family center. In 1986 a 500-seat sanctuary was completed.
In February of 2005, Grace appointed Rev. Ryan Williams as its new pastor and he served until mid 2009. Donnie Foster was pastor from October 2009 until March 2011. Louis Heard was the next pastor from May 2012 through mid 2017. In October 2017 our current pastor, Justin Rhymes, was appointed as pastor. Justin had previously served as the Executive Pastor here at Grace.